Sunday, February 14, 2010

Bus and train services

After much looking around I have managed to find a site that will provide information about the bus services that are available in Antigonish. From Antigonish I will be able to get to New Glasgow and to Halifax. I will also be able to get to Truro from there as well. There looks like there are frequent services as well to these areas and it does not take too long to get there. I think this is good news.

Sadly though Pictou is not mentioned on the list, hopefully if I did chose to move there I would either be driving or there will be a bus route available. I am sure I saw something mentioned about betting a bus service up and running. I find it sad that a town is cut off from the bus services, but I suppose in a country that has come to depend on the car so much that this is one of those things that happen. I think things will start changing again once people are persuaded to leave the car at home.

This is the link for the bus company:

Acadian bus

There is a rail servive available, but the only place that I would be able to get it from would be Truro (At least it would not be a problem to get a bus to there from Antigonish) :

Via rail Canada

I know it is not going to happen but if I were to move out before I got a drivers license then the place that I would move to out of Antigonish and Pictou would be Antigonish just because of the public transport issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment