Friday, January 29, 2010

Comparing Antigonish and Pictou

Here are the official websites for Pictou and Antigonish:

Pictou
Antigonish

At least the main advantage of these websites is that they are in English, and while I would love to be able to speak French and understand written French. I sadly cannot do that at the moment.

I think I am most drawn to Nova Scotia at the moment. I think that is partly due to the Scottish influence there. I do still love lots of aspects of Scotland so it will be great to still have the connection to what I see as my home country. It will also be great for my younglings to have a connection to the country that they were born in and are being raised in.

I know that I do not want to live in Halifax as I am not interested in living in a city. However it will be good not too far away from it so that we are able to visit it. I did check and it looks pretty easy to get there from both Pictou and Antigonish. Antigonish has an advantage as there are buses that have services to Halifax.

I think what I am going to have to do is have a look at the information for both of the towns and work from there which one seems to be the best place to start out (there is always the possibility of moving within Canada once we have moved across)

No comments:

Post a Comment